Saturday, June 20, 2009

Flat Irons: Splurge or Save?

When it comes to flat irons, is to necessary to splurge on an expensive one, or can you get the same look with a cheaper one? This Conair flat iron (above) costs about $25 and is the one I have. Basically it's a piece if @#$%. I have to go over the same section multiple times to get it straight enough, and even after that it's not at my desired straightness. I've also tried my mom's Revlon iron for about the same price, and got the same results. On the other hand, I've tried my roommate's Chi flat iron, that's wroth about $190, but can be found on sale for about $80. It was absolutely divine compared to my Conair! I only had to go over a section one time and it came out sleek, and much more flat. Bottom line: If you like to straighten your hair often, then YES, splurging is necessary on a flat iron. You'll save time, expensive trips to the salon, and limit damage on your hair. I plan on investing in an expensive one so I can start to do my hair on my own.
I would recommend using a smoothing serum and protectant such as this Mizani Thermasmooth Smooth Guard Smoothing Serum. It's very light, protects against heat damage, makes your hair smooth for easy styling, and enhances the effects of the heat utensil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!